Thread: Facebook links

Facebook links

For about 8 years I have had an Evony account which has always been linked to Facebook. Recently Facebook have been saying that Evony is an insecure site but still offering me the option to connect. Now Facebook will no longer let me connect to Evony at all. When I try to log in directly with Evony it keeps telling me that my email address is unrecognisable (I have forgotten my password).......yet it's the same one that I've had for 20 years and Evony seems to have no trouble with it when I'm making a purchase. Can somebody please sort out this mess??? Is anybody else having this issue??
    Last edited by dermot; 07-27-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dermot View Post
    For about 8 years I have had an Evony account which has always been linked to Facebook. Recently Facebook have been saying that Evony is an insecure site but still offering me the option to connect. Now Facebook will no longer let me connect to Evony at all. When I try to log in directly with Evony it keeps telling me that my email address is unrecognisable (I have forgotten my password).......yet it's the same one that I've had for 20 years and Evony seems to have no trouble with it when I'm making a purchase. Can somebody please sort out this mess??? Is anybody else having this issue??
    Dear Liege
    Please take a screenshot of the error message so that we could have a check. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

Good day evony team. I can't switch acc via Facebook or gmail. And it logg me out totally. Keep saying you experience dark moments

Hi James,
    It appears that my email address is now being recognised by Evony.
    However when I try to retrieve my password a message comes up saying a link will be emailed to me.
    Despite numerous attempts over the last four days not once has a link actually turned up in my email (and yes I have checked my trash bin!!)

Thanks

Quentin

Hi James,
    It appears that my email address is now being recognised by Evony.
    However when I try to retrieve my password a message comes up saying a link will be emailed to me.
    Despite numerous attempts over the last four days not once has a link actually turned up in my email (and yes I have checked my trash bin!!)

Thanks

Quentin
    Dear Liege
    Do you mean the browser version please? If so, please tell us your email address so that we could report your problem to our engineers. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

Dear Liege
    Thank you. We will report your case to our engineer. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

So it's been nearly two weeks since my Evony connection went down and still nothing has happened.

If I try to log in via Facebook I still get the screen saying:
    "Facebook has detected that Evony isn't using a secure connection to transfer information. Until Evony updates it's security settings you won't be able to use Facebook to log into it."

I then try to log in directly but I've forgotten my password, so I try to retrieve it using my registered email address.
    I fill in my address and the four figure code that comes up.
    I then get a screen saying that a link willl be emailed to me so I can reset my password.

Despite trying maybe 50 times over the last week or so I have NEVER received a reset code in my email.

I am now losing patience and just want to know when, if ever, you can correct the problem. If you can't correct it can I please have my money returned for the cents in my account.

Many thanks

Quentin Campbell

So it's been nearly two weeks since my Evony connection went down and still nothing has happened.

If I try to log in via Facebook I still get the screen saying:
    "Facebook has detected that Evony isn't using a secure connection to transfer information. Until Evony updates it's security settings you won't be able to use Facebook to log into it."

I then try to log in directly but I've forgotten my password, so I try to retrieve it using my registered email address.
    I fill in my address and the four figure code that comes up.
    I then get a screen saying that a link willl be emailed to me so I can reset my password.

Despite trying maybe 50 times over the last week or so I have NEVER received a reset code in my email.

I am now losing patience and just want to know when, if ever, you can correct the problem. If you can't correct it can I please have my money returned for the cents in my account.

Many thanks

Quentin Campbell
    Dear Liege
    We will try contact our engineer again. Thank you.

Best Regards
    James

Dear Liege
    Please try use https:// to login the game instead of http and you will be able to login the game with facebook connect. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James

Sorry but this hasn't worked.
    It now says "This page isn't working. Evony redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies."
    I have done this but it doesn't work. No matter what way I try to get into Evony I get the same message.
    Last edited by dermot; 08-05-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Sorry but this hasn't worked.
    It now says "This page isn't working. Evony redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies."
    I have done this but it doesn't work. No matter what way I try to get into Evony I get the same message.
    Dear Liege
    Hi, please attach some screenshots here with error message shown so that we could have our engineer do a furhter check. If you don't know how to attach screenshots, you could just upload them to imgur.com and post the links here. Thanks.

Best Regards
    James